Friday, May 29, 2009

Heaven...

I found this film very interesting!  The actual filming and cinematography was fantastic.  But beyond that the ideas and themes of the film were touching, interesting and taught me a lot about the culture in German interpersonal relationships.  I also decided to browse some of my classmates blogs to see their thoughts and found some amazing insights and wanted everyone to be able to see it as well.  (Great job girls!) 

Kelsi :  I was immensely touched by what the film had to profess about parent/child relationships, their variant levels and variability, their strength, and the natural love rooted in them which finds a way to communicate itself through other interpersonal relationships.

I found this incredibly interesting.  Coming from an extremely close knit family myself i found this idea fascinating and very comforting.  I was a bit nervous about attending Germany because I have heard they are very impersonal people, through this class and especially this quote, I find that I am continually becoming more and more excited to go!

Molly SlusherWhether it is between the German and Turkish, what is socially expected and deviance from societal norms or father and child, the division between two opposite ideologies creates a social tension that permeates the film.
 
This was also a very interesting take on the film.  I very much agreed with what Molly saw in the film.  It promotes ideas that we do not often notice, or look beyond, in German culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment