Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Devil's highway is a book that originally I was not excited for.  After the first 5 pages, still not very interested, but after about halfway through the first chapter I couldn't stop reading.  I thought it was such an interesting viewpoint to read about, I have always had a strict view of immigration rules, but after reading about what the Mexican immigrants have to endure just to make a better life for themselves and their families, I was amazed.  I loved the book so much, which is an accomplishment in itself, that I continued to read past the required assigned readings.  To follow the reading assignment we had a speaker in class who also showed a very interesting side of immigration, I thought the speaker was incredible!  He was extremely captivating as a speaker and his photos and information was very intriguing. I wish we could have had more time to listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment