Thursday, August 13, 2009

Postcards

Controversy
overheated
thirsty
laughing people around
questions flying
a damp dirty smell (diesel)
This picture while interesting and obviously profound for the time in Germany, didn't strike me personally very much. I do appreciate the idea of controversy and doing something that isn't allowed but it didn't move me the way that I hoped it would.
Cold wind lightly lowing
people walking all around
closer view
fenced in, in front of me
incredible awe
dirty smell
This is my favorite piece of art of the wall. I found it to be remarkable the amount of detail that was put into each stroke of the brush. I love the small parts that were dedicated to freedom such as the symbols of countries that possess freedom, (UK, America etc...) located on the top of a persons head as if it was on their mind. This art symbolized, I think, what must have been on most peoples mind. This struggle that could not always be communicated by words or sometimes wasn't allowed to be. As I continue to appreciate it more with each glance, I begin to see the artist in each movement of this brush. Painting to escape, painting to preach and painting for peace of mind. The piece is theirs but it is also any person that thinks that same, that is consumed by the same demons. This artist spoke without words.
warm
children running and laughing
a watery breeze
boat horns
people talking
pages turning
water
I love being at this manmade, temporary beach. It is such an powerful ideal and a unique location. The sand is warm and inviting to my toes, and the slight breeze of the near by water makes it the perfect location to relax and reflect. There is a group of young children playing in a makeshift pool and then running around enjoying themselves. We all sit here thinking about the idea of the movements of Berlin. The temporariness of the beach and other similar locations. The progression and progress of a single city.

No comments:

Post a Comment