Saturday, August 8, 2009

Disbelief

I don’t even know how much I can actually write about today, it was the mot shocking, interesting, disheartening and sad experience to date. I know about the holocaust have read and researched it before and having always had a very distinct interest in it I thought that the camp experience would be hard but I never could have guessed how hard. The tour guide was wonderful for but the information that we freely gave broke my heart each time. I couldn’t stop crying when I saw the signs near the small bathrooms that were supposed to support up to 400 people. I don’t understand the capabilities of man until I saw what happened at station Z, or anywhere on that camp for that matter. You never really realize the amount of manipulation and evil that man can possess. When he mentioned the neo-Nazi attacks that have happened more recently it fears me even more to think that this hate is still alive today. What would it take to change these people’s minds? What could make them hate another race so much? How do we stop such destructive hatred in this world and is that really ever possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment